Monday, July 9, 2012

Waiting for stuff...


While I wait for some materials (balsa, hardware,etc.) to come in for the Albatross, I've been working on getting my UAV working properly. The UAV is a parkzone radian (powered glider) with an APM2 autopilot system (from 3D robotics: http://www.diydrones.com/notes/ArduPilot) The DIYdrones group (www.diydrones.com) holds periodic contests for UAV tasks and the latest was one to fly out at least 300m, image something interesting on the ground, fly home, and repeat 5 times.

 Here is a link to my initial tries (10mb zip file) at this...images and kmz files that can be opened in Google Earth to show the flight path.

 I got 10 flights in this morning and all succesfully imaged the fish-shaped sandtrap nearby, but only 2 of the flight logs were recorded. I'll give it a try next time. Below is one of the images and a screenshot of the flight path from google earth:

1 comment:

  1. That is totally awesome. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete