Monday, July 9, 2012

The Albatross and it's predecessor



I'm intending this to chronicle the build of a 54" wingspan rc airplane model of the WW1 Albatross DVa, shown here.  It's a kit from AerodromeRC.  I've received the kit but am waiting for some additional balsa stock to arrive.



I will be using the motor (Eflite power 40) from a previous RC plane, a P40 Warhawk, that I built as a kid in the late 80's.  It was originally nitro powered, but I converted it to electric a couple months ago.  I crashed it on it's second outing when the receiver lost the signal.  Of course I managed to video the whole thing:
  
P40 Crash Movie from David Hertzog on Vimeo.

Stay tuned.  The balsa I'm waiting for should arrive this week and then I'll start building next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment